Monday, September 26, 2011

The Yellow Meal

Yup... still no meal plan.  Today just got very hectic with a cranky little baby and a rambunctious 2-year old.  I have a few ideas though... I'll have to share them with you as they pan out. However, all this chaos also meant I didn't get to go to the grocery store.  So, when 4:30 rolled around I started rooting through my freezer and people, the pickings were slim.  So I made what I refer to as a "yellow meal."  You know the blue plate special?  Yeah, this is nothing like that.

First off, let me please assert that I am well aware of the fact that people eat with their eyes.  I am also aware of the fact that as an overall color "yellow" is not the preferred choice for meals.  And I am even aware of the fact that as a rule of thumb a yellow food does not contain a lot of nutritional value.  On a positive, apparently children like yellow food.

But, let me make this even more appetizing... the color was actually somewhere between yellow and brown. 

So what did we eat?  We had fish sticks (Trader Joe's of course... and supposedly lower in fat):


(not my picture so don't ask me what is in the background), fries, and corn... you know, the kind of dinner that makes you feel like a really good mother.  Or, at least makes Evan think I'm a really good mother.

I won't spend too much time on this meal (Fish sticks were good, fries awesome - also Trader Joe's, and the corn was sweet... you know, like corn) but I wanted to let you know how bad it has gotten over here.  I swear I'll cook again soon... very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment