Saturday, September 24, 2011

Leftovers Saturday

To top off my week that has been completely off of meal plan tonight we ate leftovers. I literally took everything out of my fridge and put it all together:



I ended up throwing out the black beans and rice and the Chili Mac casserole since they both looked past their prime, but I heated up everything else.  And, since I knew Brian wasn't going to eat the pork, I also defrosted some shrimp and sauteed them to add to our buffet.  Incidentally this was Evan's first time having shrimp (he has only been allowed to have shellfish since he turned 2 a month ago) and it was my first time ever cooking shrimp.  Evan ate it all up and I think the shrimp were cooked well.

Of course Brian said it was hell week all over for him (since he didn't like most of these dishes originally except for the 2 added by his parents from Friday night) but I enjoyed having the pasta pesto with shrimp... it was even better than alone.  The only dish that didn't re-heat well was the pork.  It was really dry but it had a kind of Pork Lo Mein taste to it so since I still have a few slices leftover I might make that next week.

As for next week's meal plan... don't hold your breath.  I'm trying to work on it tonight but it's already 9:30 (don't go by my "posted on" time because something is all wonky with that) and that is really late for me (I know... exciting mom life I lead).  Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow night?

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment