Sunday, September 18, 2011

Meal Plan Week of September 18 - 25

There are definitely some good stories from last week (and some good recipes) that I need to share with you at some point but let's look forward at the moment and I'll return to them when I'm having a no-cooking day or heating something up from Trader Joe's.

So, here is my meal plan for this week's dinners:

Sunday: Butternut squash ravioli from the Farmer's market (as yummy as always) with butter and parmesan, some chicken tenders that I simply sprinkled with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then grilled on my grill pan as a simple side for the ravioli.  I didn't have a vegetable because the butternut squash in the ravioli counts... no?

Monday: Chili Mac Casserole with a salad... I currently have a lot of ground beef in my freezer and wanted something a little heavier since the weather is starting to get cooler

Tuesday: Trader Joe's Santa Maria Tri-Tip Roast, Roasted Brussel sprouts (if you haven't had them they are like candy... I kid you not), and mashed potatoes

Wednesday: I was going to make Pasta with Shrimp but when I went to Trader Joe's today I couldn't find any cooked shrimp so instead I picked up the frozen Breaded Tilapia which I'll make with corn salsa, tartar sauce, peas, and any leftover mashed potatoes

Thursday: The BEST sloppy joe's you will ever have (I kid you not), fries, and carrot sticks

Friday: Brian and I are going to see Wicked and will probably go out to eat.  I'll have the sitter heat up something from Trader Joe's for Evan and her (I did a big run this weekend).

Saturday: Bonus day... which means I haven't planned anything so I will have to figure it out as it gets closer.

I'll let you know how everything turns out.  But in the meantime... I thought you might enjoy a photo of what happens to my oven mitts if I leave them too close to the edge of the counter:

No comments:

Post a Comment